Motor Vehicle Services
The Anoka County License Centers offer a wide variety of Motor Vehicle related services. In addition to issuing and renewing vehicle registration, we can also handle your vehicle title transactions, issue and apply for Specialized License Plates and even expedite the processing time for a number of different transactions.
Effective January 1, 2016, per Minnesota Statutes 2014, Section 169.798 ,Subdivision 4
Every owner applying for a self-propelled motor vehicle or motorcycle/moped registration, re-registration, or transfer of ownership must provide proof of insurance. Required insurance information includes the insurance company’s name, the policy number and the policy expiration date for the motor vehicle or motorcycle.
Anoka County does not collect Wheelage Tax on vehicles kept in Anoka County. If you live in Anoka County and keep your vehicle(s) at home when not in use or have a business in Anoka County and keep your vehicle(s) at your business during non-working hours, you are not required to pay Wheelage tax. If these conditions apply and your renewal notice shows a charge for Wheelage Tax, please visit any license center, they will be able to remove this fee from your total due.
Below is a list of services that all of the License Centers offer. Please follow the links to get more information on each service.
Information regarding Renewing your Minnesota Registration
Information about obtaining Duplicate Registration or Plates
Information regarding obtaining and transferring a Minnesota title or title from another state
Learn how to expedite your motor vehicle transactions
Learn how to apply for Special License Plates
Information on obtaining disability plates and placards
All License Center Locations accept the following for payment:
- Most Credit Cards1
- Personal Check/Money Order2
1Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted with additional 2.15% service charge
2Check/Money Order subject to the License Center Check Acceptance Policy (PDF)
- What do I need to renew my registration stickers?
- Can I renew the registration of a vehicle that I am not the owner of?
- How can I replace my lost/stolen/destroyed registration stickers or plates?
- How do I process my Minnesota title transfer?
- How do I transfer a title from another state into my name?
- How do I transfer my registration from another state to Minnesota
- How can I replace my lost/stolen/destroyed Minnesota title?
- Can I expedite the processing time of my title transaction?
- What types of Special Plates are available for my vehicle?