Food Service Establishments

Looking for COVID-19 information? 

Click here for the latest CDC guidance on isolation and quarantine. More information on COVID-19 in general is also available from the Minnesota Department of Health. Also check out the Anoka County COVID-19 Situation Summary

Licensing and Inspection

The Public Health and Environmental Services Department licenses and inspects food service establishments. The regulations are outlined in the Anoka County Food Ordinance and the Minnesota Food Code. Grocery stores, convenience stores, bakeries, meat processing, and candy-making businesses are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.

In Case of Emergency

If your food service establishment experiences an emergency, please contact Anoka County Environmental Services. Other resources to help you deal with emergencies:

If you suspect you have become ill from food, call the department. You can also report through the Minnesota Department of Health Food Borne Illness Hotline at 1-877-FOOD-ILL (1-877-366-3455).