Licensing and Inspection

Anoka County Community Health and Environmental Services licenses and inspects hotels, motels, lodging houses, board and lodging facilities, and bed and breakfasts located in the county. The regulations for lodging establishments are outlined Ordinance #99-1 and #2009-2 Licensing Ordinance for Food and Lodging Establishments.

Hotel Room-iStock-868453756

Apply For A License

Call 763-324-4260 to speak with a department representative and receive an application.

If opening a new lodging establishment, additional information is required. Please call Environmental Services to receive a Plan Review Application and a quote for lodging fees. Please be advised that the plan review process may take 30 days to complete. The Plan Review Application and fee must be submitted at least 30 days before construction begins.

If purchasing an existing lodging establishment, an application, fees and an ownership change inspection must be submitted and approved prior to operation of the establishment. Lodging establishment licenses are not transferable to person or place. Please call Environmental Services to receive an application and quote on lodging fees. Be advised that this may take 30 days to complete.

Housing Support (GRH) Funding

Interested in receiving Housing Support Funding? Please contact Anoka County Social Services at 763-324-1266 for the proper documents and explanation of the process to receive the funding.

Upcoming Training

Please stay tuned for upcoming training!