Economic Assistance


To provide effective services with a focus on dignity and self-sufficiency


A community of connection and support

Economic Assistance including Public Assistance and Child Support Services is located at the Blaine Human Service Center. Our lobby hours are 8:15 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.

Please note: we now have a scheduled appointment system for intakes and interviews.

⇨ You can save time connecting with us online or by phone. 

EA No English Public Website Opens in new window

Where to Get Help

  • Call the EZ Info Line at 763-422-7200 for information about programs and how to apply. If you call during office hours, you can also use the EZ info line to request an application or speak to a customer service representative. 
  • Apply for cash, SNAP, and emergency programs online, please go to Interviews will be conducted over the phone by appointment.
  • Minnesota Child Support Online - For those already participating in child support, the State of Minnesota has a secure interactive web site with direct access to case information. MN Child Support Online
  • Apply for Child Support services online at Application for Child Support Services
  • For more information about health care click Here

Be prepared to renew your Health Care Coverage

If you are enrolled in Medical Assistance (Medicaid) or MinnesotaCare, you need to renew your health insurance periodically. When you need to renew, you will receive an envelope in the mail.

Health Care Renewal Envelope

You can learn more about the renewal process Here

Paperwork can be submitted through our document upload portal:

Instructions for using the portal can be found Here

Link to the Economic Assistance Document Upload Portal click Here

The Economic Assistance Document Upload Portal is mobile phone friendly. You can upload up to four documents at a time. Please note, the Document Upload Portal only accepts these types of files: PDF, JPG, and PNG. Each document must be 2 MB or less in size. We recommend completing applications using the options listed in the Where to Get Help section above.

You may also mail any paperwork to our mailing address listed on this page.

Document Drop Off Locations 

Anoka County is now accepting a variety of paperwork at two county locations. The locations accepting paperwork including vehicle tab renewals, property tax documents, child support and economic assistance applications, and reporting forms are:

Paperwork that CANNOT be accepted at drop boxes are documents related to legal service, litigation, or court matters. If your child support, economic assistance (EA), or property tax paperwork involves a petition or claim to the Anoka County Attorney, those documents MUST be served on the County Attorney. Please see your child support/EA paperwork for service by mail directions regarding legal proceedings. Questions about legal documents can be directed to the County Attorney’s Office: 763-324-5550.


Online application for Public Assistance

Paper Application for Public Assistance

Unemployment Application

How to Apply for Public Assistance Online

Medical Program Application (online)

Food Shelf Grocery Delivery

Free delivery from food shelves is available through Anoka County Transit with support of the Met Council. The participating food shelves are: ACBC, NACE, Salvation Army, SACA, and Centennial Community Food Shelf.

To place an order, call the food shelf closest to you and let them know you would like delivery from the food shelf. They will ask you for some information regarding the order. The food shelf will connect with Anoka County Transit to coordinate the pick-up. Anoka County Transit will contact you with the delivery information.

Delivery service is provided Monday -Friday, 6:00 am – 7:00 pm.

You can book up to one week in advance, though limited same day delivery is an option if needed.

Anyone can access the delivery service through Anoka County Transit. Food shelves may still have their service boundary area and number of visit restrictions in place.

To report suspected fraud activities:

Call Minnesota Department of Human Services Fraud Hotline - 651-431-3968 or toll-free 800-627-9977.

Available Programs