Foreign Judgment

A judgment rendered by a state court outside Minnesota or a federal court is considered a foreign judgment. The Anoka County Sheriff's Office is unable to act on a foreign judgment. A certified copy of the foreign judgment must be filed with the Office of the Court Administrator so that it may have the same effect as a judgment issued by the Anoka County District Court. See Minnesota Statutes 548.26 to .28 below:

548.26 Definition 

548.27 Filing and status of foreign judgments

548.28 Notice of filing