Subsidized housing provides rental assistance to qualified very-low to low income individuals and families. Subsidies work on the premise that renters should not pay more than 30% of their gross income for housing. Assistance can take several forms including individual housing vouchers, project-based assistance, public housing and tenant-based assistance just to name a few. Subsidy programs are usually administered by Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (HRA’s) or Public Housing Authorities (PHA’s).
For a list of HRA’s and PHA’s in Minnesota, click here.
Section 8 Housing
Section 8 programs for Anoka County are administered by the Metropolitian Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) whose offices are located at 390 Robert Street North, St. Paul, MN 55101. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. The Anoka County HRA refers all Section 8 questions to the Metro HRA. Applications for individual housing choice vouchers are not being accepted at this time as there is a 5-7 year waiting list.
Section 8 information is available by calling:
- Metro Information Line at 651-602-1880
- Application Line at 651-602-1553
Call the Metro HRA at 651-602-1428 if you:
- are a landlord wanting information regarding the Section 8 program; or
- are an individual who has a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher issued from another HRA or PHA and want to move to Anoka County; or
- want to report Section 8 fraud or misuse; or
- are currently on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher waiting list and want a status update.
Housing and Urban Development (HUD) www.hud.gov
Housing Link’s at www.housinglink.org (click on Housing Resources).
Anoka County Senior Housing
- Senior Assisted Living and Supportive Housing
- Senior Independent Living Lower-Cost Market Rate Housing (Non-Subsidized)
- Senior or Disabled Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Senior Housing