Transient Merchant License

Minnesota Statute 329.11 requires that any out-of-state business coming into Anoka County to sell goods or services must purchase a Transient Merchant License. The license is valid for one year, only at the place indicated on the original application.

How To Obtain

  • Fill out the Transient Merchant License application form and the Certification of Compliance form.
  • The application form must also be signed by a Notary Public, a service available at the Government Center Vital Records Office.
  • Submit the form in person, with required fee, to the Government Center Vital Records Office in person or via mail.

Required Forms

Required Identification

  • Notarization requires a Driver's License or State Identification Card.

Required Fees

  •  The license fee is $150