Bus Service in Anoka County
Anoka County has multiple city bus routes traveling within the county and to cities across the Twin Cities region. Three types of regular route services are offered:
- Local Buses are typically buses that serve neighborhoods connecting residents to major places like grocery stores, government offices, and transit centers for users to transfer to other services. These routes have request stops relatively close together may make frequent stops. Most local routes operate weekdays, with some limited weekend service.
- Limited Stop Buses are routes that typically follow or run alongside a local bus service but may skip stops on the route or cut out whole chunks of the route to speed up travel times. These routes typically only run during peak/rush hour times and focus primarily on commuters.
- Express Buses are routes designed to take riders to downtown quickly with limited service between the start and end of the route. Some routes make stops like a local route but will typically utilize freeways or major highways to make a quick trip to downtown. These buses are also able to take advantage of using the shoulder of roads or highways as a bus-only lane, bypassing traffic an speeding up your commute.
Fixed Routes in Anoka County
Anoka County has a variety of fixed routes throughout portions of Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, and Fridley.
|Route Number||Service Type||Major Stops/Destinations||Approximate Frequency||Notes||Link to Map and Schedule|
|Route 10||Local||Northtown Mall, Mercy Hospital, Columbia Heights Transit Center, Northeast Minneapolis, Nicollet Mall, Downtown Minneapolis||Every 10 minutes (rush hour/daytime)||F Line will supplement or replace Route 10 starting in 2025-26||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 25||Local||Northtown Mall, Mounds View, New Brighton, Nicollet Mall, Downtown Minneapolis, Lake of the Isles, St. Louis Park||Every 30 minutes (weekday rush hour only)||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 250||Express||95th Ave Park and Ride, County Rd H Park and Ride, Downtown Minneapolis||Every 17-30 minutes (weekday rush hour only)||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 252||Express||95th Ave Park and Ride, University of Minnesota East and West Bank Campuses||One southbound trip at 7:10 AM, return trip leaves Coffman Memorial Union @ 4:41 PM||Take METRO Green Line to Downtown Minneapolis and transfer to Route 250 for additional return trips||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 801||Local||Rosedale Transit Center, Columbia Heights Transit Center,||Every 60 minutes (weekdays only)||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 804||Local||Northtown Transit Center, Blaine Human Service Center, New Brighton City Hall||Every 60 minutes (weekdays and Saturdays only)||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 805||Local||Northtown Transit Center, Riverdale Mall, Coon Rapids-Riverdale Station, Anoka Station, Downtown Anoka||Every 60 minutes (weekdays and Saturdays only)||Bus connections to two Northstar stations for mid-day or off-peak return trips||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 824||Local/Limited Stop||Northtown Transit Center, Columbia Heights/Fridley, Downtown Minneapolis||One southbound trip from Northtown at 7:02 AM, One northbound trip from downtown Minneapolis at 4:41 PM||Route 824 acts as an Express version of Route 10 once crossing into Minneapolis||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 850||Express||Anoka Technical College (Some trips), Anoka-Ramsey Community College (Some trips) Coon Rapids-Riverdale Station (One trip), Foley Park and Ride (All trips), Downtown Minneapolis, Mercy Hospital||Every 15-20 minutes (weekday rush hour only)||For mid-day trips use Route 852 (Route 852A if going to Anoka)||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
|Route 852||Express/Local||Anoka Technical College (Some trips), Anoka-Ramsey Community College (Some trips) Coon Rapids-Riverdale Station (One trip), Foley Park and Ride (All trips), Northtown Mall, Fridley Station, Mercy Hospital||Every 60-90 minutes (weekdays and Saturdays only)||Local service in Anoka, Coon Rapids, and Fridley. Supplements Route 850 from Foley Park and Ride, Route 10/824 from Northtown Mall, and Northstar from Fridley Station||Map (PDF) | Schedule|
Local Bus Fare Information
|Rush Hour||Non-Rush Hour|
|Adults (ages 13 - 64)||$2.50||$2|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$2.50||$1|
|Youth (ages 6 - 12)||$2.50||$1|
Rush hour is Monday - Friday 6 - 9 a.m. and 3 - 6:30 p.m. Please have the exact fare, drivers do not carry change.
- Schedule Information: 612-373-3333
- TTY Information: 612-341-0140
- Customer Relations: 612-373-3333
- 24-Hour Schedule Information: 612-341-4BUS (4287)