Licensing Your Food Establishment
Here are the steps outlining the process to obtain a license for your facility.
New and Remodeled Establishments
Any time new construction occurs or changes are made to a food establishment, a plan review must be completed. Call 763-324-4260 to speak with a department representative and to receive a Plan Review Application. A complete set of plans must be submitted 30 days before construction or remodeling begins; view the Plan Review Guidelines. Plans must include the following:
- One set of plans (total room layout, exterior dining, garbage and refuse areas, plumbing and mechanical plans, (ventilation and make-up air)
- Proposed menu
- Food Safety Plan (plan showing how food will be handled from receipt until served-procedures to insure safe food)
- Equipment layout
- Manufacturer specification sheets for all food, beverage and hot water generating equipment, including shelving for walk in refrigeration and storage areas
- Room finish schedule
- Water Supply Information
- Sewage Disposal Information
- Submit the application and applicable license fee to the department.
- Contact the city for information regarding proper permits and inspections required for your restaurant.