Summons & Complaint Service

The Anoka County Sheriff's Office serves Summons and Complaint papers. If a plaintiff desires to have the Sheriff's Office serve a Summons and Complaint, the plaintiff must provide the Civil Unit with the original summons and a copy of the Summons and Complaint papers for each defendant in the action.

A Sheriff's Deputy will serve the copy and return the original summons along with a Certificate of Service to the plaintiff. It is the plaintiff's responsibility to file the original and Affidavit of Service with the Court Administrator.

The Sheriff's Office charges a fee for this service.