What if I don't receive my ballot?
UOCAVA voters who submit timely absentee ballot applications but never receive their ballots or those concerned that they will not be able to return their ballots in time to be counted may submit the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) as an alternative. The Minnesota Military and Overseas Voter Service also has a service to help voters complete the FWAB.

Special conditions apply to voters using this ballot: the voter must be eligible under UOCAVA and the county auditor must have received their Federal Postcard Application (FPCA). A FWAB allows a voter to write in choices for all offices. For federal offices you may indicate your choice by writing in a candidate name or political party. When voting for state or local offices on the FWAB, you must write the name of the candidate (not just the party) for your vote to be counted.

Show All Answers

1. When can I apply?
2. Can I receive ballots electronically?
3. Can I return my voted ballot electronically?
4. When should I expect to get my ballot?
5. What if I don't receive my ballot?
6. Can I self-certify my ballot?