Where can I make a Child Support payment?

There are several ways to make a child support payment:

Automatic withdrawals: Some parents may pay their support by automatic-recurring withdrawal.

Retail Locations: Parents can now pay their support with cash at certain
retail locations (Casey’s General Store, CVS, Family Dollar and Seven-Eleven)
using a vendor called PayNearMe.  Child Support Services will have access
to PayNearMe's portal to help parents get the barcode they need to make a
payment. Please contact Child Support Services or go to the PayNearMe website
for more information  http://paynearme.com/en/

Online Payments: Parents can make payments using Minnesota Child Support Online (MCSO) at  www.dhs.state.mn.us 

Payments are made from their checking or savings account to the Minnesota Child Support Payment Center through a secure online application.

Mail: Parents may pay their support by check, cashier's check or money order. Parents must identify their payments to ensure that they get credit for them and the payments are applied to the correct case. Parents should include their name on the payment and at least one number, such as:

•Child support case number

•Participant number (also called MCI number)

•Social Security number Do not send cash.

Do not send payments to the other parent directly.

Make checks payable to: Minnesota Child Support Payment Center

Send payments to: Minnesota Child Support Payment Center P.O. Box 64326 St. Paul, MN 55164-0326

Processing time: Payments received at the Child Support Payment Center on Friday, Saturday or Sunday are issued the following Monday. Payments received the day before state holidays are issued the next business day.

Show All Answers

1. What child support services are available?
2. Where can I make a Child Support payment?
3. How are child support payments processed?
4. Who can apply for child support services?
5. How can I apply for child support or spousal support services?
6. What happens when a parent doesn't pay child support?
7. Can child support be ordered if the parties were not married at the time of a child's birth?
8. Does the child support office help with genetic testing to determine the parent?
9. How is the amount of child support calculated?